Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The author has read the Author Guidelines for JHS (above).
- The Author has created and owns the copyright to the Article.
- The Article has not been published previously and is not under submission elsewhere.
- The Author agrees to the Author Agreement of the journal. The acknowledgment email you will receive from JHS upon submission of your manuscript includes the Author Agreement. Please fill in the blanks, write your name and the date in the signature line, and return it via email to the editors.
- We do not require that submitted papers be anonymous, since this is frequently an unattainable goal. However, the author of a paper has the right to remain anonymous to the reviewers throughout the review process. In that case, the author should take care to anonymize the paper, and should include in a clearly visible position on the front page the text "Submitted to Journal of Historical Syntax for anonymous review." The reviewers are then considered under obligation not to attempt to discern the identity of the author.
- The Journal allows and strongly encourages posting of the manuscript to the Author's website and to LingBuzz or a similar archive. (Of course, this step should not be taken if the Author desires an anonymous review process.)
SquibsSquibs can be up to 3,000 words.
Articles appearing in Journal of Historical Syntax are published under a Creative Commons Attribution License. Authors retain copyright.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.